onsdag 26 augusti 2009

The Grateful Dead

Richard Links of California has been kind enough to share some information about The Grateful Dead and their use of the Milab LC-25. I'll repost his email here (with Richard's permission of course):

---------------------

My curiosity began when I recently picked up a video of The Dead at Alpine Valley (1989) and in it, you can see that nearly each vocal is captured by identical microphones on stage. This got my curiosity and I felt I had seen that distinct pick-up structure previously. Then, when I Googled further, I found out that Dan Healey, the former sound engineer for The Dead, commented about their use of the LC-25 for vocals. BTW, I have actually met Dan in-person, since he is also a member of our local California Historical Radio Society. He has a massive collection of antique radios!

Here is just one of numerous clips (Not Fade Away), in which these very Milab microphones are visible:





Richard Links
Links Sound

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar