tisdag 3 november 2009

Michael Jackson and Milab


People ask me every now and then about Michael Jackson's use of our mics. I thought I'd just put what I know in this post and you can google your way here.

This is what I've been told: Bruce Swedien and Quincy Jones apparently liked the VIP-50 and used it for several projects in the late 80's and early 90's. One was as vocal microphone for Michael Jackson's Dangerous album. There is even a thank you note to Milab in the album credits. I don't know if they also used other Milab models - I would guess so, considering the thank you note, but I'm not sure.

There is also a thank you note to Milab in the credits for the Thriller Special Edition, and I'm guessing they used the VIP-50 for some additional recordings for that album. The original Thriller album was released before the VIP-50.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar